SEO certainly isn’t new, but so many businesses are still neglecting this key component of their marketing strategy. Just like people who only read the first 10 pages of a million books and call themselves well-read, so do 75% of people fail to go past that first page of search engine results. This means your SEO is crucial to getting visitors on your website. Check out these five central SEO principles:
1. Craft A Keyword Strategy – Keywords are, without a doubt, one of the most important components of your SEO approach. Every page of your website should contain the keywords that visitors are the mostly likely to type into a search engine. You can come up with these keywords by doing a Google search, using a keyword planner, looking at Q&A websites, and brainstorming.
2. Master The Meta Description – This is displayed below the webpage title in Google search results. Search engines will also highlight any keywords that feature in the meta description, which makes this a powerful mechanism.
3. Transform Your Title Tags – Search engine algorithms analyze your headings, so it’s important to include relevant keywords in all of them. Each title will benefit from having a keyword near the beginning, and effective titles are usually calls to action.
4. Frequent SEO Audits – What was working yesterday may not work tomorrow, so it’s important to continuously update your site and strengthen weak spots. This involves checking the title tags and meta descriptions for each page, optimizing all keywords, assessing ALT tags for your images, and making sure your site is mobile-friendly.
5. Create Killer Content – At the end of the day, nothing beats content that is both highly relevant and valuable to your target audience, so put every effort into crafting quality content.
Set yourself up for success with proven SEO principles that will significantly enhance the discoverability of your business.