These days, there are so many different social media platforms, it feels like you’re Hercules doing battle with a Hydra – as soon as you master one platform, another one springs up in its place! That’s why we’re giving you a list of top tips that will stand you in good stead at all times.
1. Know What You Want To Achieve – Set concrete social media goals and objectives so you know exactly what it is you’re aiming for. The SMART framework works well – your goals need to be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. Also make sure you don’t just go for vanity metrics, but ones that hold real meaning for your business growth.
2. Do Competitor Research – Look at what your competition is doing on social media. This will give you real insight into what works and what doesn’t, also guiding you on which platforms are the best for your specific industry.
3. Properly Assess Your Current Social Media Success – If you’re already on social media, take a look at how you’re doing based on the metrics you’ve chosen. This will give you a chance to take a step back and decide where you want to make changes or do complete overhauls.
4. Craft A Social Media Calendar – Now it’s time to get organized! You need to decide on, and create, the right content that is suitable for each platform and choose when will be the best time to post this content given your target audience. You will likely need to do a deep dive regarding the habits of your specific audience to get this right.
5. Assess How Your Content Is Performing – Once your social media calendar goes live, it’s important to stay closely connected to how this is being received. This includes tracking your performance and remaining responsive to direct feedback and engagement from your audience through community management. This is the best way of gauging whether the content you’ve decided on is working. Then, you can adjust your campaign as you go.
Go ahead – get your business socializing like a pro!